Faux Spaghetti




The carb lover in me is trying to cut back with some fun alternatives. I got my inspiration from CuisineNie and added my own Dori flare to it.

Faux Spaghetti
2 spaghetti squash
2 zucchini, cut in half, lengthwise, and then thinly sliced
½ yellow onion, chopped
½ Roma tomato, chopped
1 package Jenny-O Ground Turkey
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Italian Seasoning
Rosemary
Basil
Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out seeds.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place cut side down on baking sheet. Cover skin with aluminum foil, and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until squash is tender to the touch.
Chop onion and sauté until partially cooked.
Add package of turkey and add salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, rosemary, and basil. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add zucchini, cover, and cook on medium low until zucchini is cooked through.
Once squash is cooked, use two forks to shred the interior into long strands. Sprinkle with a little more salt and parmesan cheese.
Serve turkey and veggie mixture hot over squash. Top with chopped fresh tomato and parmesan cheese.

This will probably make 4 1-cup servings.

Comments

MarySue said…
Okay, you have inspired me and I bought a spagetti squash. I'll be making this soon. Thanks.
the conleys said…
I will definitely be trying this within the week, yum!

Popular Posts