Coleslaw

I absolutely LOVE coleslaw. Besides watermelon, there's nothing that screams "SUMMER!!!!" more than coleslaw at a picnic. This recipe...well...it rocks.


1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp honey
16 oz bag of coleslaw mix
In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the coleslaw mix. (This can be done in advance, simply cover and refrigerate until ready to use).Place the coleslaw mix in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix. Stir to combine and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves 8-10.
*I found that I liked it better the second day. Next time I make this, I think I'll make the coleslaw the day before I serve it. I've also made this with a grainy mustard. Instead of 2 Tbsp, use 3-4 Tbsp.

Comments

MarySue said…
Sounds basic and good. I've also got the almosts-like-KFC coleslaw recipe posted here.
Dory Knight said…
Really basic and good. Made it for my BBQ last night!
go boo boo said…
So good, and so happy I have the recipe now!
MarySue said…
Made it for July 4, 2010. It was all eaten and enjoyed. Good recipe.

Popular Posts