Bread Pudding

I'm of the opinion that if you like French toast, you'll like bread pudding. It's old fashioned for sure but a good, easy dessert that is especially welcoming on a cold night. I was toying with trying a new "chocolate" bread pudding recipe but couldn't make myself do it. Hope you enjoy it. . . I did tonight.

Bread Pudding

6 slices good bread (good use for stale bread)
1/2 stick melted butter
1/2 c raisins
4 eggs beaten
2 c milk
3/4 c sugar
1 1/4 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1 1/2 t vanilla

Butter a 9X13" baking dish. Cube bread and place into dish. Drizzle melted butter over bread and sprinkle evenly with raisins.

Combine in bowl, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. I like to let the bread soak while preheating the oven to 350 degrees.

Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly tapped and browned. I like to serve it warm but room temperature or cold from the refrigerator is okay too. Serves 8

Comments

Trevlyn said…
Yum! I love your bread pudding recipe! Thanks for sharing!!

Popular Posts