Three Bowl Asian Noodles

No, it doesn't take 3 bowls to make the dish.  You'll just want to eat 3 bowls of it for a meal.


Forgive the stock photo, but I ate all of mine already and I'm not disturbing the leftovers in Linny's fridge to snap a picture.  I've never tempted homemade Chinese food and had it result in a success until now.  This recipe is very similar to a lo mein and I'm sure you could use whatever type of noodle you want.  I chose angel hair.

Ingredients

16 oz. dried pasta of choice
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup snow peas, washed and left whole
1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
5 green onions, chopped into 1" pieces
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped into 1" pieces

In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, and cayenne.  Mix until well combined.  Set aside.

While your pasta is boiling in salted water, combine all of the veggies in a large sautee pan with some cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and cook until still crunchy.  You don't want your veggies to turn to mush.  Remove from heat if they finish cooking before the pasta does.

When pasta is cooked until al dente, drain and put back in pot.  Pour the soy sauce mixture on the hot noodles and mix until well coated.  Put pasta into serving bowl and top with veggies.

You can certainly add toasted sesame seeds like the picture/original recipe but I skipped them.  I also added chopped up pieces of some pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.  Next time, I'm adding more mushrooms and even bean sprouts...only because I like them.  But feel free to add whatever veggies you want.  I recommend the melange indicated above though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, this would need a large bowl to make me happy. Thanks for sharing this Dori! Love, msk

Popular Posts