Friday, October 29, 2010
In bowl with electirc mixer mix:
1 1/2 stick BUTTER, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 t. lemon zest (opt.)
Add and mix:
1 3/4 c. flour
2 T. milk
Roll into balls. Place in tart pans (I used mini cupcake pans). Mold with fingers to fit.
Bake @ 355* for 7-9 minutes or until just starting to brown (barely).
Cool 5 minutes then remove from pans to cooling rack.
Monday, October 25, 2010
MarySue/Mom’s Pumpkin Pie
2 unbaked 9" pie shells or 3 8" shells
4 eggs, beaten
1 can (29 oz.) canned pumpkin
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 t. salt
2 1/2 t. cinnamon
2 t. ginger
1 t. cloves
½ - 1 t. nutmeg (freshly grated preferred)
2 cans (12 oz.) evaporated (not condensed) milk
1. Prepare pie shells
2. Preheat oven to 425*
3. Beat eggs with wire whisk in large mixing bowl. Add pumpkin and mix well. Do not make frothy or bubbly.
4. In separate bowl combine sugar, salt and spices. Blend well. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
5. Add evap milk, mix well but no bubbles.
6. Pour equally into shells
7. Bake for 15 minutes at 425* then reduce temperature to 350* and bake an additional 40-50 minutes or until done. Test for doneness by inserting a knife near center, done if knife comes out clean. Do not under-bake
8. Cool on wire racks; air needs to circulate under pans. May put pie pans on 2 wooden spoon handles to cool also.