MarySue/Mom’s Pumpkin Pie
2 unbaked 9" pie shells or 3 8" shells
4 eggs, beaten
1 can (29 oz.) canned pumpkin
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 t. salt
2 1/2 t. cinnamon
2 t. ginger
1 t. cloves
½ - 1 t. nutmeg (freshly grated preferred)
2 cans (12 oz.) evaporated (not condensed) milk
1. Prepare pie shells
2. Preheat oven to 425*
3. Beat eggs with wire whisk in large mixing bowl. Add pumpkin and mix well. Do not make frothy or bubbly.
4. In separate bowl combine sugar, salt and spices. Blend well. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
5. Add evap milk, mix well but no bubbles.
6. Pour equally into shells
7. Bake for 15 minutes at 425* then reduce temperature to 350* and bake an additional 40-50 minutes or until done. Test for doneness by inserting a knife near center, done if knife comes out clean. Do not under-bake
8. Cool on wire racks; air needs to circulate under pans. May put pie pans on 2 wooden spoon handles to cool also.