Emerald Isle Salad


Dori just requested this so thought I should put it here for all you kids. Now I'm thinking I might make this for Easter dinner. It really is so springy on a lettuce leaf.

Emerald Isle Salad
4 c. liquid (juice drained from canned pineapple plus water to equal 4 c.)
1 lrg. lime gelatin
1 lrg. lemon gelatin
2 c. crushed pineapple (well drained)
2 c. mayonnaise
2 c. cottage cheese
2 c. evaporated milk
2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Put both gelatins in large bowl. Heat liquid to simmer then pour over gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Allow to partially set (use your best judgement). Whip with beaters then fold in all remaining ingredients. Put in 9X13" pan. Refrigerate untill completely set.

I think this recipe does not sound inviting but if you liked it as a kid you still will.

Comments

Dory Knight said…
Mayo and cottage cheese do not typically go hand-in-hand with Jell-o, but trust me....this is oh so good!!

Popular Posts