HOT GERMAN POTATO SALAD

I'm glad this Knight has a much more modern and convenient kitchen. Feeling and counting those blessings. Thank's for starting up the KNIGHTS IN THE KITCHEN Dori. This will be one of my very favorites. Also, may I add to the rules please. I personally will always use these abbreviations: T= tablespoon t= teaspoon c= cup. In the "labels for this post" we can all add our own names for ease in finding your much sought after recipes by individuals & the name of the recipe as the post title for quick recall.

October - October Fest - German tradition - Mom's German maiden name Geiss - Hot German Potato Salad. Does this explain my random brain activity??? I thought this would be a good one to share (and was going to do just that at Snickerdoodles) as my maiden post at this site. I've had numerous phone calls requesting this recipe from a certain daughter which also makes this appropriate.

HOT GERMAN POTATO SALAD

6 potatoes
8 slices bacon
1 c. chopped onion
1 T sugar or honey
3 T flour
1 t salt
3/4 t celery seed
pepper
1 c water
3 t vinegar (cider or red wine)

1. peel & quarter potatoes lengthwise
2. bring to boil then simmer potatoes till tender-approx. 15-20 min., drain & slice
3. fry bacon till crisp, remove from pan and drain on paper towels
4. cook onion in bacon drippings till transparent then add: honey, flour, salt, pepper & celery seed; blend well.
5. add water & vinegar and cook till thickened
6. gently stir in potatoes and crumbled bacon.
7. heat through if necessary

Serves 6

Always served this with low-fat kielbasa, green beans and homemade hearty bread - opposed to nonhearty bread :) Mom

Comments

Trevlyn said…
Perfect timing! I love this!!!

Popular Posts