1 c. sugar
1 c. powdered sugar
3 sticks butter
1 stick margarine
3/4 t. vanilla
1 lrg. beaten egg
4 1/3 c. flour
3/4 t. baking soda
3/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
Preheat oven to 375*
1. cream butter, marg. and sugars.
2. Mix on low speed 30 seconds then scrape down bowl.
3. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
4. Add vanilla and egg and mix.
5. In separate bowl mix together well the dry ingredients.
6. On low speed gradually add dry to creamed mixture. DO NOT OVER MIX.
7. Roll into balls (flour hands if necessary). Approx ping pong ball size and place on baking sheet.
8. Flatten with a flat bottomed glass dipped in granulated sugar.
9. Bake at 375* for 9-10 minutes. Do not brown edges.
Thin Chocolate Icing
3 T. cocoa powder
2 T. melted butter
2 T. hot water
1 c. powdered sugar (approx.)
Mix all together. I put frosting into a baggie with the corner snipped off and then just pipped stripes across the cookies.