Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tortilla Chips







I had a TON of leftover corn tortillas from making chicken enchiladas for Sunday dinner, so I thought I'd try out homemade tortilla chips to go with my salsa. They're easier than I thought, but deadly good.

Tortilla Chips

Corn tortillas cut into wedges
1/2" oil for frying
salt
sugar/cinnamon mixture

Heat oil in a fry pan until it reaches roughly 375 degrees. Carefully drop tortilla wedges into the oil. I let mine go for about 45 seconds on each side and then removed with a slotted spoon. Allow to dry on a sheet pan lined with paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with salt or cinnamon/sugar mixture.


2 comments:

MarySue said...

I love the sound of these...but then I think I'll eat anything with cinnamon and sugar on it. Thanks for sharing.

the conleys said...

yes please.