Monday, August 9, 2010

The Gateway Cookie


Most girls have been told, at one time or another, that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Well, I'm getting older, I'm a darn good cook, and I haven't snagged a man yet. So I'm starting to doubt the validity of that statement. Recently, a man told me the truth. "The way to a man's heart is through a good chocolate chip cookie recipe." So, here is the recipe. I'm calling them The Gateway Cookie. Enjoy
The Gateway Cookie
1 cup salted butter--softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour (for higher altitudes, add an extra 1/4 c.)
1 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
Cream butter and sugars, until nice and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add eggs, vanilla extract, and beat for another 2 minutes.
Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, pudding mix, and flour, and mix until dough comes together.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spoon dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 11 minutes.
Original recipe courtesy of Geoff Dyer.

1 comment:

go boo boo said...

I learned a tip this week from my friend Shannon. Her daughter was making cc cookies and they were baking and were getting poofy, she opened the oven, picked up the pan, and dropped it flat on the oven door, thus flattening the cookie. Andy tried it this week and it worked like a charm.