Monday, June 28, 2010

BBQ Sauce


I had SO much fun playing around with this recipe for my Sunday Family BBQ, and hope everyone enjoyed eating it as much as I enjoyed making it.
BBQ Sauce
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp celery seed
2/3 cup lemon juice
4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup horseradish (I use Morehead prepared horseradish, 4 oz. jar)
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1 12-oz bottle chili sauce (found in the ketchup/condiment aisle)
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
4 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 20-oz bottle ketchup
Melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
Finely chop garlic, or grate using a microplane, and add to melted butter.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes, until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
The sauce doesn't have a smooth texture like a normal bottled sauce would. The horseradish and celery seeds add a little texture, so don't worry if it doesn't look like a typical BBQ sauce.

4 comments:

MarySue said...

So glad you froze a small portion for me to enjoy when I come up. This sounds sooo good.

go boo boo said...

I loved your Sunday bbq, thanks! xoxo

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Hi just found you through, Yumz the word (my neighbor:)! I can't wait to try this sauce and every thing else I see on this great blog, I am now your latest follower:)
Terry

Dori Knight said...

MSK--Can't wait for you to come up!

Boo--We need to do those more often. That was fun!!

Terry--Welcome to our blog! I hope you enjoy our family recipes as much as we do!