Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Creamy Kielbasa & Potato Soup with a Great Bread Recipe

This is one of our new winter favorites.
Creamy Kielbasa and Potato Soup
4 potatoes, cubed
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 cup water
3/4 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cream of mushroom soup
pepper to taste

In a large pot over medium heat, combine potatoes, onion, celery, beef broth, chicken broth, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. Stir in sausage and condensed soup and continue to simmer until heated though and slightly thickened. Season with pepper. Serve hot.
Fabulous Bread

1/2 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup quick cooking oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/4 cups warm water
1/2 tablespoons salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 cups bread flour
1 TBSP Yeast
Place all ingredients in bread maker. Bake at 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C) for 35 minutes, or until tops are browned. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely. (This will make 2 good sized loaves)

5 comments:

MarySue said...

Printing this off right now so I can make it very soon. I'll have to halve the bread recipe knowing my maching can't handle all that. Thanks sooo much Christie.

Jesse said...

great soups abound in our kitchen. black bean and sausage last night which also turned into a great breakfast.

Knight Family said...

Yikes, I got all the ingredients so I could make this when Jody and Ed were here and then find out Ed can't eat potatoes. Will make this after they leave.

marysue said...

Jody and Ed are eating out tonight with their kids so I made this for SLK and me. It reminds me of my potato soup recipe. I really like it and will make it again. Next time I will cut the kielbasa link in quarters then slice to make it smaller. Great recipe Christie. I recomment this to one and all.

marysue said...

Don't you just cringe when you see your typo and you just know readers will think you really meant recomment instead of recommend!!