Wednesday, October 31, 2007

THE COOKS + LEMON CURD

Just thought I'd share one of my favorite photos of you girls in our matching aprons. This was taken in 12/1999; too long since we've all been together cooking up something yummy in my kitchen. Fun to see our hair styles back then and I'm personally glad for updating my old do. Okay, I fear some may be saying this is a recipe blog...I just have to share related photos...okay? Now I have to also say that some of the Knight men are also awesome cooks - kudos to you men and sorry I don't have a photo of you in our matching beach-vacation aprons. Loves and wishes for a happy day.

LEMON CURD
2/3 c fresh lemon juice (4 lemons)
4 t lemon peel (hope you all have one of those nifty micro-planers for grating and zesting)
5 eggs
1 c sugar
1/2 c melted butter (you know you can't substitute don't you)

In a microwave safe bowl combine juice, peel, eggs & sugar, beat until smooth. Add butter and microwave on reheat until thickened, stirring often (6-7 minutes approx.) Refrigerate covered. Will last up to 1 week. I was asked once "how do you eat lemon curd". . .
1. with my fingers
2. on angel food cake
3. with English scones
4. in petite tart shells
5. in trifle

3 comments:

go boo boo said...

I love this apron! I can't believe that was almost 8 years ago!!! We are so cute.

Trevlyn said...

Out of all the lemon curd recipes I've tried, this is the best!!! I love these aprons!!!

MarySue said...

Apron history - Linny and I made them while vacationing in Oregon. Now you know the rest of the story...but you don't know if you have a Linny or a msk creation.